Monday, March 23, 2009

Another 30 Minute Workout

When I tell people that my personal strength and conditioning sessions ALWAYS last less than 45 minutes and usually in the 25-35 minute range, they look at me like i'm crazy - like its impossible to acheive anything in 30 minutes. Well its my job to put that to rest, so here's my most recent strength session that took just under 30 minutes including the warm up.

warm up:
- upperbody band circuit x 1 set
1. flyes x 30
2. tricep extensions x 30
3. rows x 30
4. snapdowns x 30
- squats x 30
- reverse lunges x 30 (15 each)

on to the workout...

for my first movement of the day, I wanted to hit up a heavy deadlift variation - low reps with short rest periods to drill the movement and spark my nervous system a little.

a) snatch grip deadlifts from power rack (first pin setting) 6x2 w/30-45 seconds between sets.

next I did an upperbody push/pull superset, but EDT (escalating density) style, where I try to get in as many rounds of the superset in 10 minutes as possible

b1) weighted dips x 5
b2) weighted chins x 5

and finally, to finish off the session I did a kettlebell complex that takes about 3 minutes to complete. I always think i'm going to get in 2 sets, but one is more than enough!

c) kettlebell combat complex (left/right, without putting kb down)
1. snatch x 5
2. clean and press x 5
3. squats x 10
4. reverse lunges x 10
5. high pulls x 5
6. rows x 5
7. 2h swings x 10


session over!

No comments: